Wednesday, July 4, 2007

POSTED 7/4/07 THANKS TO B & R RACERS SUPPLY

I have wrote about many drivers and tracks, but I would like to blog about two people that very rarely get credit for helping us racers. This story is about B&R Racers Supply. The two men behind B&R are Brad Spinks and Rick Falcone. I have known these two guys for over twenty years. Brad drove a stock car and did a fine job back in the days. Brad is married to Becky (Phelps). They have one son, Matthew Spinks. Matt is a crew man on the number #30 sportsman car of Grider Racing. Brad works for the Bowling Green City School System where he is in management. Rick is married to Barbara (Phelps). They have one son, Scott. Scott is married to Crystal and they have a daughter, Makayla. Scott also helps on the sportsman car of Phillip Akin #44. Rick manages Toohey's Auto Parts. Brad and Rick started selling parts soon after White Bros. Oval Track Supply sold out. Some of you reading this may say that they don't need any thanks because they make money off us drivers. Duh! Auto Zone, Toohey's, Advance, O'Reilly's and catalog mail orders don't? These guys are at the track every single race. It is a job for them and I know they get tired. I for one have broken a part and didn't have to run to town. I only walked across the pits to buy a screw, bolt, fluids and etc... Plus they give me advise on what I need for my car. Thank you guys and your families for supporting stock car racing. Racers please leave your comments for Brad and Rick along with your name and car number. Again, Thanks, Odell Turner, Sportsman Car #99

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odell, You are very true about our Racing Parts house. These guys are great for us and the sport.I too have needed parts at the track and they are always happy to help everyone. Special Thanks to B & R Racers Supply

Billy Grider # 30 Sportsmen

#10checkwritter said...

Odell,
You are excellented inpicking this post. Joey and I support B&R Racers Supply. As everyone knows Joey did not only blow one engine Memorial Day Weekend. He blew two. If it wasn't for B&R Racers Supply Joey would not have been out July 3. They help Joey get his parts and I really appreciated everything there have done for him. Every week when we go to the track there is something Joey has forgotten and If it wasn't for B&R at the track then we would not race. Another thing is if you are ever down and out just go over and start talking to Brad and Rick and they will lift your spirit up. Been there down that. I get upset sometimes at Joey for the things he buys and does to the car but there has been times I went over and ask Brad about what Joey has done to the car and it was right. So again Thanks B&R for everything you have done For #10 Joey Stancil and we will be a customer until we quit racing. Bobbie Stancil #10 Modified Street

Anonymous said...

YES B7R RACERS SUPPLY ARE VERY HELPFUL OVER THE YEARS THEY HAVE HELPED ME MORETIMES THAN I CAN COUNT...THANKS GUYS FOR EVERYTHING.........WMS80

Anonymous said...

odell,
I would not have been able to race if not for B&R. I dropped a drive shaft and needed a universal joint. Thanks to B&R, I was able to race and be in the top five rank. Thanks again, I am truly thankful.
Jimmy Borders #18 Modified

B&R said...

Thanks for the kind words we try
our best to help every body out.
But as you know you cant carry
everything on the trailer but we
try. So again thanks everybody for
buying parts from us.THANKS