Sunday, August 24, 2008

POSTED 8-24-08 LUCAS OIL SERIES FIRE AND SAFETY CREWS DO A GOOD JOB AT BEECH BEND RACEWAY

As a photographer and a former stock car driver let me start by saying this. There were hundreds of drag cars at Beech Bend Raceway this weekend from all over the states. With that being said, sometimes thing happen that you don't what to happen. As I was on the starting line shooting pictures, I most always watch toward the next car coming up. And that is what I was doing, when I heard the tires and crowd react to a wreck at the finishing line of the quarter mile track. I was most impressed with the Lucas Oil Series Fire and safety crews along with Beech Bend Raceway crew. Almost before the cars got stopped the fire and safety crew was on the track and there. I give them a big thumb's up! I am also happy to report that both drivers walked away. That says something to the safety of NHRA. I think the only real hurt to both drivers was their feelings. So, in my final thoughts, who said Stock Car drivers are the only ones to crash and put on a show. See you at another drag event. If you see me with the Photos by Odell shirt on, give me a shout. See ya Fans!

2 comments:

Smokin' Joe said...

The safety crew was actually NHRA Division Three's SAFETY SAFARI. The Safety Safari comes to all the divisional meets at Beech Bend and travels with the series to all of their events. Each Division of the NHRA, seven total, has their own Safety Safari team and the Powerade Series has one as well.

Odell Turner said...

Thanks Smokin' Joe. I'm a old stock car guy, still learning about this drag stuff!