Monday, May 3, 2010

POSTED 5-3-10 FLOOD OF 2010 AT BEECH BEND RACEWAY





The flood of 2010 at Beech Bend Raceway Park!  The top photo tells it all.  The second photo was shot from behind the oval track tower toward the drag track.  The third photo is what is left of the seats in turn one of the oval, and look at what was turn one and two.  Also notice no booth as you enter the pits, washed away.  The fourth photo is of turn one, notice the light pole washed over.  The fifth photo is of the walk over from pits to the grandstand between the oval track and drag track.  The sixth photo is of the score boards of the drag track with the drag tech shed in the background.  The seventh photo is a view from down the drag track back to the towers, notice the seats in the pits is just about covered.  The restrooms and food stand behind the seats in the pits were washed away.  The eighth photo is of the campground, this photo should show a laundry room but it was washed away. The ninth photo is the new restrooms in the pits behind the oval track.  The tenth and last photo is of the oval track tech shed.  This photos that I took for you the fans and racers to see was taken with a sad heart.  Beech Bend is like a second home to me.  I talked to Dallas and Alfreda Jones plus Clay Jones, and it is a sad day for the Jones family.  I know it won't help to fix this problem, but please leave a comment for the Jones Family.  It is our race track in a way.  These were taken at noon today with the river raising 8 inches per hour and the river isn't to crest until 6pm.
       NOTE: CLICK ON EACH PHOTO TO ENLARGE 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a terrible!!
Let me say that I wish the Jones family all the best, and I hope to see them and me fellow racers at the Buick GS Nationals.

ElectraJim

Anonymous said...

That is just terrible. That racetrack is one of my favorite and I have traveled to and raced at many. Here is to hoping you all rebuild bigger and better!!!

Anonymous said...

man this is truly a sad sight,i am at awe at the devastation,there are no words to describe how this,i only hope that dallas and family can some how by the grace of god,hold beech bend together,this is truly a disaster,and i hope that some how some way we the fans of bbr can help,this is messed up,and dallas can use our help, we need to pull together and help a fellow friend and neighbor out,i know there are many people who grew up at the bend,and to see it all washed away is heart-breaking,so lets all pull together and help a friend out,to dallas and family,may god bless you all,and may he have mercy on bbr.thank you and god bless!!! timmy/d

Frank Ross said...

WOW... I am very saddened.

Anonymous said...

everyone acts like it's a dead track now, come on people lets put some hope into this horrible situation! it'll be back!! the race season might need to be lengthened out if this holds us up for too long, but everything will work out in the end.

Bob said...

This has happened at other tracks before and they recovered quite quickly.
I'm actually more concerned over the condition of the campground which is crucial for the Hot Rod Reunion. Take the campground away and you don't have not enough rooms to house many of the people who attend.
Any campers coming better plan on being 100% self contained.

Here's hoping the Jones family good luck in their efforts.

Bob

Anonymous said...

The Jones family is in my thoughts and prayers. My family and I have traveled from SC the last 6yrs for the NMRA race in the fall. Hopefully this track will be back better than ever. Good Luck! Bob

SST2096 said...

Terrible..just terrible.

BBP is one of my favorite tracks to run at for Lucas Oil racing (900 mile one-way tow for us!), and I hope you're back in action as soon as possible.

ALMACK said...

It is sad to see BB like that. That track is where I got hooked on Drag Racing as a kid, and in my opinion is still the finest sportsman track in the world !
I have confidence the Jones family will overcome this terrible event and be back racing soon.

ALMACK

stephen brown mod street said...

the bend will be back bigger and stronger than ever. god bless everybody.

Anonymous said...

Beech Bend Raceway was my favorite place ever to go to. It was like a first home to me, not a second. I would go every Friday night to see Jousha Byrns, Jeff Hogan, and Big Nasty race. My life without racing for awhile will suck.

Yem Sanlaeid
Bless the Jones Family

Anonymous said...

While my heart goes out to the Jones family. I know the sounds of racing will again be heard at Beech Bend Dragway.

Anonymous said...

I live in the midwest. We have tornandos and they're gone. Water causes a mess for a long time after the storm. I was a drag racer for 20 years. I can only hope for the best for this whole area. Most of the tracks I raced at are in the desert. Best wishes to all involved.

Unknown said...

I first came to BBR when i was 12. Been to US Nationals and others but BBR will always be home and my favorite. It's where I saw my favorite sport for the first time. It really saddens me but I know it will be back bigger and better.

New Car Loan Rates said...

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your blog article here. It was very informative also useful for my work, you’ve given me some points and ideas. I also love the way you write! Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more in the future…thank you so much!