Monday, September 21, 2009

POSTED 9-21-09 LAST NIGHT RECAP, RUMORS, STORIES AND NEWS FROM THE LAST RACE OF 2009

(1.) SPORTSMAN CLASS: The only thing that I heard, and I heard it from a number of people in the pits was that #48 Anthony Russell was going to take the #99 Robert Cohron out during the race. I also heard many people in the pits say that Dallas Jones, Owner of Beech Bend Raceway told Anthony to leave the track. NOTE: Some one under anonymous posted that Anthony had a family emergency and had to leave. (2.) MODIFIED STREET CLASS: I heard all over the pits that #11 Matt Melton was going to take #11 Danny Marr out during the race. NOTE: Matt appeared to try that in turn one but failed and only hit the wall. Also I have seen posted on here that #11 Danny Marr was going to take out #44 Tony Rothe, However I never heard one word about that in the pits. And another thing, I never saw Danny try to take him out. Maybe I am wrong but I think someone is trying to tell a story on Danny. (3.) LATE MODEL CLASS: Never heard a thing about this class, not until the race was over. I have heard opinions siding with Sammy Sanders as to being ran over by Mark Oliver and I have heard others say that Mark got the position on Sammy and that Sammy cut back in on Mark. Also I heard others saying that Chad drove in over his head and almost wreck them all. Hey, I am friends with all these drivers and really think that all involved was driving maybe harder than normal because it was the last race of 2009. But what do I know, I just take the photos and write columns on this site. I am in no way an expert in stock car racing, and I know before you say it I will, AMEN to that. But I will say it was fun to watch. (4.) Front Runner Class: Didn't hear anything about this class. And I think it went fairly smooth. (5.) Front Runner Figure-8 Class: Heard nothing in the pits about this class except that some of the driver was protesting the #96 wing car (Out-of-Town car) because he had racing wheels. But nothing happen that I know of. (6.) ALL-AMERICAN BOMBER CLASS: I heard nothing before this race. But this class may have been the most wild one of the night. First Kenny Wells was not doing anything wrong that I seen and then from out of nowhere #29 takes #00 Kenny Wells out and it looked like it was on purpose. But hold on here comes Kenny wide open and hits him and spins the #29 and chases him out and off the track. Then #75 Jason Turner and #72 Stacey Key get into a pushing match and they both end up wrecking in turn four. Jason gets spun and Stacey continues on. Jason has a tire down but looks like he is going after #72 Stacey Key but can't get the car to drive and turn. By that time I think Jason had cooled down but I haven't talked to him so I may be putting words in his mouth. All I can say is I am glad he didn't run across the track and hit him that would be chicken in my opinion. Although I have used my car as a weapon before and it was wrong. I believe being a man and getting face the face. Anyway I don't think Jason or Stacey had any words after the race. Hold on that's not all. I was told that after the race #34 Jeff Farris, Sr. hit the back end of the #21 car of David Harrod and then David slammed his car in reverse and tore up the #34 and then that got out and had some words. So this class was crazy no doubt. Oh well last night of the season, what do you expect? All the others classes that raced had no problems that I am aware of. If you know of any corrections or other stories please post or email me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odell big props got to go out to oh jeff cline Jr finshing 2nd in the points two 2nd place finshs in 5 starts aint too shabby i think he should get rookie of the year 8 yr old bout won the points in first year of racin next year hes coming out and take a run at the track and eastern championship he's learned so much in just 5 races..congrats to a good run at the championship go get'em next year hot rod.


uncle bubba

Anonymous said...

Hey ODell, can u post a blog about any racecars for sale. Thanks