Saturday, September 8, 2007

POSTED 9-8-07 A NEW KING IN TOWN?

The best race of the night, no I should say the best race of the season. Years ago there was a racer that came out of Tennessee carrying the number 55 and was loved by a few but hated by others. Why? Because he won a lot of races and drove how ever he had too for the win. He was nicknamed the KING. Yes, James "THE KING" Climer. Well, the old saying goes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, is right. James might get mad at me if he reads this but I will say it anyway, move over KING, there is a new KING in town. Last week I ran a poll which ask, will anyone beat Bo Miller with three races left? And more of you said no one could beat Bo Miller and his #38 machine. Tommy Climer comes in here out of Tennessee and proved that Bo can be beat at Beech Bend Raceway. Bo Miller is one of the best drivers to ever pull onto the flat track of Beech Bend Raceway and you can't take that away from him. And with this lost it doesn't say anything bad about Bo. On the other hand, Tommy didn't have the fastest car on the track. Tommy was all up on the wheel. He drove his race and refused to let Bo get in his head. Tommy held his line and would not be moved. One of the most impressive drives that I have had the chance to witness. Bo got into Tommy a couple of times and Tommy never backed out. One other thing, did you hear the fans in the stands? They cheered and clapped for Tommy like he was really the KING. Oh well, at least Tommy showed that you can live life as you dream and at least be KING for a night. I also think Tommy was very much a gentleman as he gave God thanks first and foremost for his safe race and win. Tommy welcome back to Beech Bend Raceway you showed class.

4 comments:

RaceFan382007 said...

The only way you won that race is because u tryed to wreck Bo Miller. Dirty Racing leads to arguments dont you already know that.

BG dealer said...

I agree Tommy you ran Bo into the infield The whole race but you dont care eveytime somebody beats Bo they are the new KINGS but we all know that Bo is the KING of BBR and always will be..

Odell Turner said...

bg dealer, I believe you were trying to tell me that I call everybody that beats Bo a KING! If I read this wrong please except my apology, but if I am reading this correct you are very much wrong. I have never said that anyone was a KING over Bo. If you had been around racing back in the 1986-89 era you would know that my reference was being made about Tommy's daddy, as to the word KING. I know Bo very well and I have never rated Bo as to be a KING or a Prince for that matter. I personally think Bo is one of the best drivers in the late model class, but when I see someone beat him as Tommy did and even Mark I WILL GIVE THEM THEIR PRAISE TOO! I am not so narrow minded that I can't say good job to more than one racer. In closing on the comment let me say,the comments on here come from all kinds of people and I know Bo would not post like this. Bo will just work on his car a little more and go for another win.

tc said...

Hey race fan and bg dealer.This is TOMMY CLIMER.I DID COME DOWN ON BO ONE TIME IT WAS THE TIME HE HIT ME AND KNOCK ME SIDE WAYS.IF BO HAD PASS ME CLEAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENCE AND BO WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING .HE HAS PASSED ME BEFORE WITHOUT TOUCHING ME HE AND I HAD A GREAT RACE AND SOME FUN THAT NIGHT YOU CALL DIRTY RACING I CALL IT RACING TO WIN. ASK BO WHAT HE WOULD HAVE DONE IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT.