Monday, March 14, 2011

Youth Racing on the Drag Track

Photos Courtesy of PBO Media Productions
On Sunday while shooting photos at Beech Bend Raceway Park I came across this young lady.  I noticed her while shooting each car as it hit the 1/4 mile track. Then she wins a couple passes and I start to pay more attention.  It's at that time I take a stroll down the pits to find this young girl.  After finding her I do an interview with her. Her name is Laine "Ladybug" Choate.  She is only 17 years old and from Pegram, TN.  I ask her how long she has been racing?   She replied by saying two years.  As I was talking to her, she wanted to share  with me that her Dad was at Beech Bend Raceway racing a motorcycle.  Looks like she is following in Dad's footstep's.  As I was preparing to leave she did tell me that the car she was racing was her Uncle's and it was a 1967 GTO.  I would like to say thanks to Laine for her interview and wish her good luck with her racing.

No comments: