Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oval Track **NEWS FLASH**



Former stock car driver making his return to the oval track in 2011 season. Bobby White will be in his Chevy late model #7.  He hasn't driven a stock car for years in a race. I had the pleasure to visit Bobby's race shop yesterday and had a little talk with him.  Here is our interview with Bobby.  Q: Why race now? A: Well for years I have worked on these old cars and I just thought if I worked on them I might as well drive and have the fun myself.  Q: Will you compete? A: Sure I would like to, but commom sense would tell you that at my age and after being out of a car for years I will need a lot of seat time. So I plan on running in the back staying out of the way and getting some time in the seat.  Q: But as competitive as you are don't you think you will challenge some of the other racers? A: Hey listen, You have great drivers like Sammy Sanders, the Willis boys, and so many others that have been running for years. Like I said this whole deal for me is to have FUN! However if I get the feel for my old car I might put her on up there in the field. That's not to say a win this year. I just want to stay involved in racing. I may put a driver in this thing at sometime this year, we just don't know at this point. It is all played by ear.

My Comments after the interview: I think Bobby is looking to have the time of his life. He has raced for wins, Championships and has gotten both in his lifetime. Now at this time of his life it is time for FUN. No points racing, no championship, just all about pure fun.  Bobby has bought his new racing suit and ready for them to drop the green flag. From my conversation with Bobby, he didn't come out and say this, but I think he would say don't expect too much from me. At the same time I think Bobby would love for you all to be a Bobby White fan! We here at Local Racing News and Rumors by ODELL would like to say good luck and have a great time Bobby.

3 comments:

Tammyjo said...

Good luck, Bobby. Can't wait to see you out there!

Anonymous said...

The cohron's would like to wish Bobby the best of luck and we will be a big fan. Trust me in the day they came no better.

whittaker said...

im saying me and from the clines i think bobby will really good and you know he wont stay in the back long look out here he comes he prolly the best working on a late model good luck this season prolly be may fav racer this yea