Monday, July 20, 2009

POSTED 7-20-09 WHAT DID YOUR EYES SEE IN THE ALL AMERICAN BOMBER CLASS RACE FRIDAY NIGHT?

Hey race fans, I'm not on here to stir up things (as some have said about me) but only report the news and rumors of local racing. That brings me to what I think is the story of the week. Let me set the stage here. This story comes from the All American bomber class this last Friday night (7-17-09). It involves two racers, #72 Stacey Key and #34 Jeff Farris. Hold on, first lets go back to the week before. The #17 car driven by Darrell Alford and #72 of Stacey Key got into a bumping match which then turns into a little more with the #17 cutting across the track and going straight for the #72 of Stacey Key, luckily Darrell missed him. Now that sets us up for this last Friday night. The #34 of Jeff Farris spins #72 of Stacey Key in turn three and four (which was really turn one and two. NOTE: The bombers ran backwards) as Stacey was leading the race. I did NOT see that spin. I did hear that they (72 and 34) had been having trouble before Friday night. Anyway, after the spin, what I saw was the #72 take off from turn four and drive straight for the #34 in which he did and with a wide open speed hit the #34 car which cause the #72 car to become airborne almost roof high of the #34 car. Both cars were damaged. Neither driver was hurt, luckily. After the hit the driver of the #72 car got out of his car and went to the drivers door of the #34 car and was having what looked like an unfriendly conversation and I was out on the track with the camera so I could see this plainly. In my opinion #72 should have been barred and he was not according to Track Director Gary Dalton. I ask Gary after the race and he said that he, and other track officials didn't see anything that would grant barring Key. I say BULL. So I ask you the fans to comment about what you saw. I may very well be wrong. But hold on don't the rules state that a driver MUST ALWAYS stay in his/her car while on the race track? Stacey DID get out of his car and made the aggressive move toward Jeff. Anyway, I know some fans like the action but as a former driver and a father of a Bomber driver I DO NOT LIKE to see drivers use their cars a a WEAPON! Be a man and face the driver face to face after the race in the PITS so families and KIDS don't have to see the unsportsman like conduct of you brainless drivers. Remember you do set examples for up and coming drivers and I hope they didn't think you were right in your attach Friday. These cars have NO roll bars and if this keeps on someone may get HURT or KILLED. Drivers we the fans pay to see hard nose racing not a demolition derby. I like all you drivers and understand as a former stock car driver that tempers do run high but you need to keep it in check or find another sport to compete in. RIGHT OR WRONG?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odell, I was right in front of the action My son is 3 and u probably know who i am .. Well the families of the 1 driver jumped over my kid and was cussing up a storm.. Well if u know 3 year olds repeat everything . What i saw was and unfair advantage. the 72 car came from nearly all the way across the track and hit the other car maybe the other car accidently spun the 72 im not sure and not making a judgement . but the fans of that car were very unjust and need to realize their were lots of little kids around .. I politely asked them to remove themselves from my seats and was abruptly ignored. I mean thats bs if u ask me . my 3 year old was nearly in tears scared to death. all i have to say is people have respect for people who are their with their families and children.

Anonymous said...

he got out of his car! That should have barred him.

Keith said...

Odell, I was sitting in the stands and just so happen to be sitting right down from the driver of the #34 and his family. After it was all over with I over heard them talking and the whole thing with him hitting and putting Key in the wall was a planned and intential deal. I agree with you that this shit has to stop before someone gets hurt or killed and for what a simple $25. So my opinion they both should be barred and given a warning when they come back that if anything like this happens again from either of one of them that they will be done racing for good. I feel this way because the #34 car did what he did after planning it and Key should be because he retaliated. I am sure there will be alot of people disagree with me but oh well.

Rastus Racefan said...

People ott not cuss around the kids.
Yall needs to get over them drivers getting out of ther cars. There is some driver out of his car ever week for something or other but yall dont notice til it is somebody you dont like.
I was glad nobody got hurt then I enjoyed the show. Only way them too is not gonna do this stuff is for one of them not to race cause they dont like each other. Dont help none that it is always too on won because them Farrisses runs in a gang. Maybe dallis and clay needs to let them do a demolishun durby to each other.

Anonymous said...

Did these drivers and fans do all of this because they thought it was going to make them look "cool" or make people think they are a "bada$$"? Really, if someone can truely tell me the reasoning behind this, I would great appreciate it. Yeah, they got people's attention and people are talking but I'm sure they really don't want to know what people are saying. Well, I'll give you a little insight: PEOPLE ARE NOT LAUGHING WITH YOU, THEY ARE LAUGHING AT YOU. YEAH, PEOPLE ARE TALKING BUT FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. ALL OF YOU INVOLVED DID NOT PROVE A POINT TO ME OR TO ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER! I CAN USE YOU AS AN EXAMPLE TO MY NEICES AND NEPHEWS ON HOW NOT TO ACT B/C YOU WILL END UP IN JAIL OR WORSE...KILLED! GROW UP, FOLKS! AS A BUSSINESS OWNER, I AM SO GLAD I HAVE NOT PLASTERED MY NAME AND/OR LOGO ON ANY OF THE CARS OUT THERE IF THIS IS HOW YOU ARE GOING TO ACT. THAT'S SAD B/C THERE ARE MANY TALENTED, WELL RESPECTED DRIVERS OUT THERE THAT DESERVE AND NEED THE SPONSORSHIP MONEY. THERE ARE ALWAYS A FEW BAD APPLES THAT RUINS IT FOR EVERYONE! ALL I CAN SAY IS GROW UP, RESPECT YOUR SURROUNDING, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW DRIVERS, FANS AND CREW MEMBERS, RESPECT OUR LOCAL TRACK AND CERTAINLY RESPECT YOURSELVES!

Anonymous said...

first want to say odell yer a blow hard too....and you should get your facts straight before you say who should get banned...hmmmm why shouldn't the others get banned...2 weeks earlier they threatened to get stacy...which they did on friday night...it was all planned....not to mention #34 and his whole clan threatened stacy again...sure enough they were waiting at the payout gate when races were over and they all piled out of their cars to come after him...and YOU know this because you were there also....but do you think you would report that??! Naw of course not..just waiting to report bits and pieces you choose...hm buddies with #34 maybe or would like to see stacy gone so your son can have a clear shot to win every friday.. HA!...you stir this crap just as much as the announcer did ...as far as the 34 and his clan....they are a bunch of hillbilly trash...who continue to threaten...they once again said they would get him this friday as well...guess we will see what happens... .and i understand the driver (daddy) is a law man...hmmmm and he acts like this...he allows his family to act like this...cussing...threatening...well ya know dirty racer....makes for a dirty sherriff too i RECKON!thank god he doesn't work in my town!

Anonymous said...

People wonder why the stands are empty and the car count is terrible??????? Odell, thanks for this site. I thought about coming back to the track, but each week I read your "News and Rumors" and you emphasize why I left in the first place......