Friday, January 11, 2008

POSTED 1-11-08 PHOTO OF MYREL MELTON AND HIS LATE WIFE MARSHA IN 1988

I took this picture at Beech Bend Raceway in 1988. This is Myrel and his late wife Marsha Melton. They are pictured here with Myrel's #95 car. Marsha was the Beech Bend Raceway track photographer later after this photo was taken. In 1985 Dallas opened up the circle track and in 1986 I (Odell) was the first track photographer. After four years of shooting pictures I turned that job over to Sharon Vaughn and then after her days she turned the photographer's job over to Marsha Melton and after the passing of Marsha her good friend Bobbie Stancil took over as the photographer and is still doing that job as of today. I think I can say I speak for all the former and present Beech Bend Photographer's by saying, You are missed. I think when a storm comes up and we have a bolt of lighting to flash that is Marsha taking a picture of angel's in Heaven as her flash goes off. We miss you Marsha

1 comment:

#10checkwritter said...

THIS PICTURES BRINGS BACK OLD MEMORIES. I HAVE THIS PICTURE HANGING IN MY RACE ROOM AND SEVERAL MORE OF MYREL AND MARSHA. ODELL YOU ARE SO RIGHT BY WHAT YOU SAID. SHE IS MISSED DEEPLY AND WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICTURE VERY MUCH.