Monday, March 30, 2009

POSTED 3-30-09 CAROLINA 200 UPDATE

Three More Teams Test for the Carolina 200 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Charles Hudson 910-205-8800 ROCKINGHAM, N.C. (March 30, 2009) – With the Carolina 200 less than three weeks away, many teams have started to focus on the ARCA RE/MAX Series events at the Rockingham Speedway. Cunningham Motorsports had two cars testing today to prepare for the April 19th Carolina 200. Series veteran Ken Weaver was driving one of the cars while 18-year old Parker Kligerman – a developmental driver for Penske Racing was driving the other car. Joining the two Cunningham Motorsports cars was Grant Enfinger who will be making his second start in the ARCA RE/MAX Series at the Carolina 200. Ken Weaver: “Things happen really fast, I like those kinds of tracks but it seemed really important to come here and test because I am always faster when I come back. We ran a 25.10 this morning so my first time here I feel really good about it, we are trying a lot of things with the car so I really haven’t settled in to a feel yet with the car and as soon as we get that I think we will be more consistent. I feel really fortunate to come run somewhere that has so much history.” Parker Kligerman: “This is a cool track – it is the first track I have been to that has the down force equation into it so that is the first time I have felt the down force in these cars and that was astonishing and we have been fighting the tire wear a little bit and learning to change my lines around the track as the tires wear out but it is a cool track and I like it, it’s fast.” Grant Enfinger: “So far so good, it is really our second race and my second race in this car so we are just working some kinks out of me and I think the car is pretty close and I think we have a pretty good race car. The track is definitely different from anything I have raced before, coming from the late models, most of our stuff is a half-mile and I have never quite been on something with quite this much banking but I seem to be getting comfortable.” Carolina 200 race weekend kicks off on Friday April 17th with Thunderfest in downtown Rockingham from 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. There will be a hauler parade through downtown Rockingham at noon on Friday for the day-long celebration as well as most of the drivers signing autographs at 6:00 p.m. On track activities begin Friday as well with UARA practice and qualifying. Saturday April 18th will feature the UARA race and practice and qualifying for the ARCA cars. The Carolina 200 is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Sunday April 19th. Reserved seat tickets for the Carolina 200 start at $20 with kids 12 and under admitted for only $15 in any section with paid adult but with the Buy For Sunday, Bonus For Saturday ticket promotion that runs until April 10th, fans will receive a free UARA race ticket. After April 10th, tickets for the UARA race and ARCA practice and qualifying are only $15 in advance or $20 the day of the race with kids 12 and under free with a paid adult for general admission seating. Friday is free admission for everyone. For more information about the Carolina 200 or to order tickets, please contact the speedway at (910) 205-8800 or visit our website at www.rockinghamspeedway.com.

No comments: