Tuesday, October 21, 2008

POSTED 10-21-08 AND WHO SAID THAT DRAG RACING IS BORING? JUST ASK MEL

Mel Baute from Northern, Kentucky near Cincinnati, OH. will tell you that drag racing can be very exciting. Saturday, October 18, I was out on the track at Beech Bend Raceway as I do most every weekend. This was during the 1st Annual Good Guys event. As I was snapping photo after photo, all of a sudden, up comes Mel. I was looking through the view finder as always. With one eye I see a BIG wheel and tire pop off the driver side rear of this car, but I hold my position and keep snapping. Then with that one eye I see two eyes looking back at me through a windshield. It was Mel's and I'm thinking, hey something just ain't right with this picture. I kept pulling the trigger on my camera and got some wild shot's. Thanks to Mel. I know Mel would have just as soon I never got that shot. Anyway, good luck to Mel and his crew.

No comments: