Monday, October 13, 2008

POSTED 10-13-08 FIVE TIME FIGURE-8 CHAMPION GIVES THE WORLD 300 FIGURE-8 A TRY!

Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Kentucky has it's five-in-a-roll figure-8 (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008) Champion entered in the World 300 at the Sportsdrome, Jeffersonville, IN. This is a photo that I shot of Driver Richard "Doodle" Dickens and his car owner for 2008 season, Jerry Cline. (NOTE: this car is the "ROCKET" and is owned by Richard "Doodle" Dickens, not Jerry Cline) Doodle and Jerry along with others were pushing his car into starting position. Doodle started 23rd of 37 cars and at one time we think he was in 9th place. Doodle lost the his rear end as he seen his chance to place good go up in smoke along with the rear end. You did great Doodle. Bowling Green was proud of you!

2 comments:

ANG85 said...

Odell, I just want to clarify some things real quick. Doodle's championship years are 2003,2004,2005,2006 and 2008. Ricky captured the 2007 figure 8 championship. (We can still consider Doodle's 5 in a row...he did not contend for a championship in 2007. All the yrs he won, he did). Let's just say that the last 6 yrs the figure 8 championship was captured by a Dickens. That may make it a bit easier to remember:)

***Most importantly- Doodle is NOT the sole owner of the "Rocket". It is owned by Doodle and ANGIE:) (He might claim something different but we will leave it at the fact he and I both own it):)....I am just messing with you, Odell, you did a great job taking pics and trying to keep up the race so you could report it on the site. I am just glad you have some better pics than I got. You know I will be in contact with you so I can see what all you have. I am sure Doodle will want some.

ANG85 said...

I would like to take just a second to thank the following for helping out on my trip to The Sportsdrome. Without their assistance, it may not have been possible. I hope each and everyone of them knows that I am very thankful and appreciative of their support.

Jerry and Jeffery Cline of Jerry's Used Tires & Mufflers of BG, Ky

Uncle Ricky Dickens of Bg, Ky

Pro Machine of BG, Ky

B&R Racers Supply of BG, Ky

Signs by Odell & Margaret of BG, Ky

Photos by Odell of BG, Ky

Chris Harmon of Ky Clutch, Brooks, KY

Gary Pike of Louisville, Ky

Butch Winters of Sheppardsville, Ky

Artie B. Ware of Louisville, Ky

Willie Johnson of BG, Ky

Billy Williams of BG, Ky

Robert Cline of BG, Ky

Jason Dickens of BG, Ky

Thanks to all the drivers, crew members and track personnel that welcomed me to the Sportsdrome. I am really excited about comming up and joining many of you for the 2009 figure 8 Mid Western Series

Last but not least Thanks to all friends and family that gave their support during 2008 and The World 300 Figure 8 race at Sportsdrome. Also, I would like to thank each person from BG, Ky that made the trip up. It was great to see BG fans in the stands!

THANKS TO MY WIFE, ANGIE FOR ACCEPTING WHAT I LOVE TO DO AND BEING A PART OF IT WITH ME.

I am in the process of building a car to run in the figure 8 Mid Western Series for Sportsdrome in In. Anyone that is interested in coming on board for a 2009 sponsorship would be helpful.

Richard "Doodle" Dickens
#85