Wednesday, April 9, 2008

POSTED 4-9-08 EMAIL FROM SOMKIN' JOE

Odell, Bo's car looked fast and was fast. I had him in the low 16's on my handheld stopwatch. He needs to be back on his game this year. There are some FAST cars coming to good ole BBRP just to try and knock Bo off the top of the heap. Gary Summers has a screamin' demon of a Ford ready to go with Kevin Lamastus set to wheel it. The Summers Open Wheel is bad too. It should be fast considering what it has under the hood.To all the racers, I can't wait for Friday night. If I don't get my roundy-round fix pretty soon I'm gonna blow a gasket.Ford vs. Chevy is one thing, but there MIGHT be a Toyota Late Model appearing here this year. I got a call from a driver I can't name yet who has a factory deal with Toyota for 2008. Right now they're building the motors, and he will mostly run dirt, but he's heard about Bo and some of our other guys and might decide to make a stop at BBRP later in the summer. The dirt cars will debut in May and they'll have their pavement super late done by June. I sent him email and told him that anyone driving a Toyota powered and sponsored car on dirt bullrings and tracks like Beech Bend and Highland Rim better have good insurance. Later, Smokin Joe

No comments: