Saturday, August 18, 2007

POSTED 8-18-07 RICKY DICKENS SHOWS HIS KINDNESS

Left to Right are Me (Odell) and Ricky Dickens. Ricky won the figure-8 race Friday night and then he shocked me. Ricky gave me his winning trophy. I consider Ricky to be a good friend of mine but never dreamed of him sharing his trophy with me. I have never had anyone to do that for me. My daughter Tammy has had a couple drivers to give her a trophy when she was a little girl but I had never had that pleasure. I race stock cars and have won a few trophies of my own, but this one will be one of my favorite ones. For some of you fans that only know Ricky as the blue winged car that races in the figure-8 there is more to him than that. He is a real man. He has worked for Grac-Tac Heating and Cooling for years and a family man. Ricky doesn't bother anyone and just keeps his mouth shut and races. Thanks Ricky and I wish you the best this year. Good luck to you and all the figure-8 guys.

7 comments:

Tammyjo said...

Congrats on the win Ricky!

#10checkwritter said...

Congradtulation Ricky D. with or with out wing you can fly in that car. next time get Big O Turner to come to victory lane to get trophey. I would have loved to taken picture of you and Big O Turner together. Again congradutation From Joey and Bobbie

moe98 said...

WELL WE GOT CAUGHT UP IN ANOTHER MESS FRIDAY NIGHT AT BBR OUR BALL JOINT BROKE AND MIKE TRIED TO DRIVE HIS CAR BETWEEN ZOOMIE AND TOMMY LAWERENCE WHERE THERE WAS NOT EVEN ENOUGH ROOM AND TOOK HIMSELF OUT AND AGAIN TRIED TO BLAIM IT ON SOMEONE ELESE AND THEN GOT OUT AND STARTED RUNNUING HIS MOUTH.WHEN ME AND JOSH GOT TO CAMPING WORLD THERE SET MIKE AND ABOUT 50 OF HIS BUDDIES ACTING LIKE THEY WANTED TO FIGHT WHICH I HAVE BEEN GOING TO BBR FOR YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A ONE OF THEM FIGHT ANY BODY FAIR THEY MIGHT SUCKER PUNCH SOMEONE BUT THATS ABOUT IT AND THEY CHOOSE WHO THEY PUNCH VERY WISELY. THIS IS MY LAST YEAR OF RACING AT BBR BUT I WILL STILL CAUSE THE ONES THAT CAUSED US PROBLEMS ALOT OF PROBLEMS.BY THE WAY MY CAR IS FOR SALE I WILL TAKE 3,OOO.00 FOR EVERY PIECE OF RACE CAR I OWN IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL AT 202-O9O9 ANYTIME

Odell Turner said...

Bobbie, I would have went to victory lane but I didn't know that Ricky was going to give the trophy to me in victory lane. Also I was in the pits with my camera and the #34 and #M1 looked like it could be some trouble and I was there to get the story for my site. Sorry, Odell "The Scoop" Turner

ccane said...

How quickly 2 people turn into 50, and how no one ever takes the blame for their own actions. I guess it's always easier to lay the blame at someone else's door.

Randy Wells Racing said...

There are good people at bbr.Ive never even seen the man get rough and he is still awesome.Good job buddy.

Cash for Cars Indianapolis said...

That's pretty cool. That is what racing is all about.