Sunday, July 3, 2011

Women Go Fast Too!

Photo Courtesy of Odell Turner / PBO Photography

I had the pleasure of taking these photo's of Kimberly. She is Kimberly DeShields of Norwich, CT.  I really enjoyed talking to her and getting an interview.  Here is my interview with her.  (Q) How long have you been racing bikes? (A) I have been racing for three years. (Q) How did you get started racing? (A) My brother raced. (Q) What has been your best performance? (A) I finished second in Mississippi on the 1/8 mile track in 2009. (Q) What kind of ET do you nornally have? (A) On the 1/4 mile I stay around 10.90 to 11.50 (Q) Who do you pilot the bike for? (A) The owner of my bike and team is Chuck Newman.  Chuck is from Murfreesboro, TN.  He has been involved in bike racing for 30+ years.  My brother rode for Chuck for about three years. Chuck is also my Crew Chief. He has been racing with the AMRA series from the time Marty bought the AMRA series. 

I would again like to thank Chuck and Kimberly for their time and friendship. I look forward to seeing you guys again in September. By the way Kimberly was the #1 Qualifier at Beech Bend this June. Good Job! and Good Luck in 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey you can ride for me anytime.... By far the hottest driver I've seen at beech bend in decades