Wednesday, November 18, 2009

POSTED 11-18-09 FEATURED STORY OF UP AND COMING YOUNG DRAG RACER

Photos Courtesy of PBO Media Productions
I am by no means a writer. I am however a huge race fan. As most of you know, I take photo's at Beech Bend Raceway Park. I have raced stock cars and drag cars for many years. Now at the age of 52, I have stopped racing stock cars and just started the drag racing thing. I have stepped up my photography business in my latter years of life. With all that being said, walks me into this story. After reading my history you'll understand this story even more. I walk around Beech Bend on many different weekends with camera strapped around my neck looking for a special photo. My love for motorsports and photography gives me that opportunity to meet many racers from all walks of life. On Sunday, November 15, 2009 this young lady caught my attention. First, I have three children, a son and two daughters. My son races stock cars and my youngest daughter loves all types of motorsports. My oldest daughter don't like racing at all. Here is why I am saying this. As I walked around and seen this little girl and her Daddy working on her car, it caught my eye. I have a soft spot for Daddy's and their little girls. Then as I took notice of this girl, she was not only a cute little girl with hr daddy out on a Sunday for some fun. She had that look in her eyes, that only a true racer has. I watched her make pass after pass and as a new drag racer was very impressed with her passes. Her hole shot off the line was quick (not red light quick either!). So I told my wife we need to do a special story on this young girl and her dad. Here is a little more on this future star. Her name is Melodie Fedie. Melodie is only 14 years old. She has been racing for just three years. Racing a Jr. Dragster in the NHRA. Melodie calls Nashville, TN. home. In 2008 she won the NHRA Championship and made it to the semi-finals in the NHRA division three finals at Indy. Not all has been a bed of roses for Melodie. Earlier this year 2009, she had a bad wreck. While testing at Music City Raceway she totaled her car. She hit a tree at the end of the drag stripe because she lost her brakes at over 80 M.P.H. The great news is she walked away and was not hurt. Her dad went to Indy and got her another car. While talking to her, my wife ask, why or how did you get into drag racing? She said that she had watch the Disney movie, "Right on Track" and that made her want to race. By the way Melodie finished second in the finals of Sunday's Race after this interview. Race fans keep your eyes on this young star to be. Maybe the next Ashley Force Hood. Good luck racing! Thanks to you and your dad for your time. Odell and Margaret Turner - Local Racing News and Rumors by ODELL.

No comments: