Saturday, July 19, 2008

POSTED 7-19-08 THREE WAY TIE FOR STOCK CAR DRIVER OF THE WEEK

I started giving the "LOCAL RACING NEWS AND RUMORS BY ODELL DRIVER OF THE WEEK AWARD" a few weeks back. For this Friday night I couldn't decide between three drivers. So I am giving it to three of them to share. This is a fist for this site to have a tie. I guess that is cool because this was a first win for these three drivers. Lets talk a little about each ones race. First, Danny "GROVE RAT" Marr. Danny has had many second place finishes and just had bad luck or what ever. But this night Danny was in the right spot at the right time and had that Chevy hooked up. Second, Chad Willis. Chad has had some great finishes. He has come a long ways quick. With very little seat time compared to drivers like Bo Miller, Sammy Sanders, Mark Oliver and others. Chad had gotten a several car lead when the caution came out with #21 Kevin "Cuz" Lamastus spinning in turn 3 and 4. This closed up the field putting Bo Miller on the rear bumper of Chad. I must admit I thought it was over for Chad. I just knew that Bo would pass for the win. But on the last lap Chad keep his cool and won. Third, Jason Turner. Jason was in third while the #72 and #17 beat and Bang on each other. I thought that Jason would get caught up in there mess. The #17 hit the wall hard with just a couple laps to go. That is when Jason closed in on the#72. Going in to turn three on the last lap, Jason was on his bumper. Then coming out of turn four Jason passed for the win. I am most proud of Jason as a proud DAD. Good Job to all three drivers.

4 comments:

Rich48 said...

WHAT?????????????????

This should be hands down!

CHAD WILLIS

ANG85 said...

I think it is cool that you do this for the drivers! Every racer out there deserves their chance to shine and they don't always get it! I think that by you doing a "driver(s) of the week" is great for the drivers, the crew and the sponsors! It also gives everyone some well deserved exposure. I am not sure why "rich48" questioned your post. It is possible for more than one driver to stand out above the rest, whether in the same division of not. I am not trying to be smart or anything of that sort, I am not trying to take anything away from any driver on any race track! In my opinion, each race car driver deserves some amount of respect. I have been around racing for many years, I am married to someone that eats, sleep and breathes race cars. I know what type of hard work, dedication and determination goes into racing! Even though these guys are in different divisions does not mean ones passion for racing and winning is any greater than the others. If I were still racing (even though it was front runner), I would be more than thankful to have my name mentioned as a "driver of the week" regardless of how many others is listed along with me. That just shows that we have some great new talent being shown at BBR! Congrats to all three and may many more wins come your way!

timmy d said...

this is hands down chad willis,danny marr congrats on your win,but for chad to hold off the talet of miller,sanders,oliver,i mean come'on odell this is clearly a 1 horse race!!!

Big Daddy said...

I agree with Odell & Ang85, There can be more than one winner. Not taking anything from Chad.These guys drove their butts off.All 3 of them.All of them with their first wins this year. Probably the best racing all year long.My hat if off to each and everyone of you guys!!!! Congrats to you all, and I hope to see you in Victory lane again real soon.

Billy Grider