Sunday, May 11, 2008

POSTED 5-11-08 MY REPORT ON BO MILLER #38 AND #14 DAVEY COBLE AS TO BEING FOUND ILLEGAL

This is a report on what I heard, seen and interviewed. First lets talk about Davey Coble #14. I talked to a source who wanted to remain anonymous. According to them they were at the tech shed before the late models raced and saw the #14 and heard them talking to Beech Bend Tech. person, Bobby White and as they pulled on the scales and had Bobby to check the ride height of the car, it was too low. Bobby told them to get it up and they said OK because we came to win. But after the race it was too low. They knew about this before the race so why was all the fuss. Bo Miller won the race and took all the time to get his picture made and get to the tech shed and his car was too low. After all that time his shocks should have came up. I (Odell) was standing right beside Bobby White when he sled the tool under the car and with my own eyes saw it and heard it hit the corner of the frame. I have NO HORSE in this or any race out here at Beech Bend but I call Black, Black and White White, when I see it. I also talked to about 10 or so that was standing right there as well and they said the very same thing as I. I like all the drivers and they put on a good race. However, last week the #2 car was protested by #38 and #31 according to sources close to those teams. I even hear that a Figure-8 owner helped front the money. That being said, If you guys what to protest because someone is illegal and found wrong then I think if your wrong then step to the plate like a man. The tool that Booby uses is the same for all the Late Models and is only 3 1/4 inches tall and the rules states that your car frame on the corner post must be 4" tall. Now that being said, it is already a 3/4 inch break and it would not slide under his car. I got some emails that said Bobby turned the tool on it's side, but why would you complain about that because if you had ever seen the tool it would be shorter that way which would make Bo even lower. I don't want to make anyone mad but it really helps if you know all the facts before you make a comment. However, that is what this site is for and none of us may know all the facts. I for one don't pretend to know it all but I was standing there and looked under the car as Bobby pushed it underneath. As to why should Bobby should or should not be a tech man for the late models as one email said. Bobby does not have a car in that class and I for one believe that Bobby would never cheat any driver. The other question was why should Bobby tech the Open Wheel's with him owning a car in that Class? One thing there are only two rules in that class and it is weight which everyone in the pits can see it on the new scales that light up a read out for all to see. So how could he cheat? The other rule is tires and everyone can see them too! In closing on this topic, I want to add this. I believe Bo Miller is one of the best if not the best that has ever driven on the flat tracks of Beech Bend. Winning 17 of 21 races last year and winning the first race this year and with that being said I just think that Bo should just except his car being too low and come back and show them he can win again. And I bet he will. Please feel free to comment but remember to keep it clean and show folks that we can agree to disagree. Odell Turner

No comments: