Saturday, June 16, 2007

POSTED 6/16/07 WRECK IN FRONT RUNNER HOT LAP SESSION SENDS ONE DRIVER TO HOSPITAL

I did not see the incident that happened out on the track during hot lapping prior to qualifying. Driver of the #9 front runner, Shannon Carter, hit the wall during hot laps. I was at her car and the report that I received was that she hurt her back. I don't think it was too bad, but taken to the hospital to be checked out. The EMT's did call for the Fire Dept. to use the jaws of life to remove her from her race car. Her husband Bill Carter which drives a front runner also said that the #11 car (Matt Melton*) hit her and then hit her again the second time which stuck her into the wall. NOTES: I did not talk to Matt Melton to get his story. ( * is to note Rookie Driver)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill doesn't know what he is talking about. This is matthew melton and I didn't even touch her. I passed her on the inside and stayed in middle of the track. And then I looked when I came back around and seen her middle of the track. Need to get their facts straight before they start telling the story.